Ganache Darn It!

Ganache Darn It!

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Happy 101st Birthday, Julia Child!



Today would be your 101st birthday, Miss Child! I think I've always admired you so much because I like to think we're a little bit alike. I imagine your husband laughed at you often as you spilled all over, filled a kitchen with smoke, or smiled as you admired your work, just like mine does. You were perfect in your imperfections and my heart fills with joy when I can watch you cook. PBS made this video last year for your 100th birthday, but I wanted to be sure to share it. Life is beautiful for those with homes filled with love, food, laughter, and friends (not necessarily in that order). I'll be sure to toast with a big glass of red wine in your honor.

"A party without cake is just a meeting."

“I think every woman should have a blowtorch.”

 - Julia Child 

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to more spills, smoke, and delicious foods for many hundreds of years.

    ReplyDelete